About This Class
WordPress is the premier content management system for those seeking an easy, user-friendly way to set up and maintain a website. In this class, you will learn about the basics of what WordPress is, such as what is the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org? And which should you get started with in order to build your website?
You will also learn about the technical requirements you’ll need to get your website online, such as how to obtain a website domain and choose a website hosting service.
Lastly, you’ll get a walk-through of a fresh WordPress installation so that you could see how easy it is to publish your first page or blog article.
- Learn about what WordPress is and how you can use it to build a website
- Learn the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org (self-hosted site)
- Discover best practices for getting your website domain and web hosting company
- Explore the WordPress back-end and see how easy it is to publish and create a website
- Understand WordPress terms such as widgets, plugins and themes
This is a beginner workshop which is designed to be helpful to who who have never seen WordPress before or those who have used WordPress but without a formal understanding of it. Participants are required to bring their own laptop for note-taking and a couple of hands-on exercises. Apart from that, we ask that you have a basic familiarity with navigating websites and the internet, nothing more! Come prepared with questions! This is an excellent opportunity to get all of your WordPress questions answered as the class is a broad overview with time for answers on each topic.